Well, after a few more sessions, Tyrese added to my wonderful menu of items. He allows me to have 100% organic honey. (Yipee!) I know that it does not seem like a lot, but it is. This is the first sweet food I have been allowed. Can you imagine? I start to get uber creative with my food. Some are hits, (honey on grilled chicken, with butter buds) some are misses (red snapper with honey.....not so much). I add honey to my sweet potato before my workouts. (stab it like a gangster, nuke it, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle cinnamon. Taste almost like a dessert. Almost.) I add honey to my apples. (same recipe as above) I stop myself from adding honey to my asparagus. (there are some lines that I just do not cross)
I'm buying most of my food at Trader Joe's. It's a tiny bit more expensive, but convenient. They have the most wonderful frozen asparagus. I just grab a handful, and cook them on my Foreman grill. (Warning: make sure that the smoke from the cooking chicken will not set off the fire alarms off at your office. Who puts a smoke detector right in the break room, anyways??) And I cook my chicken breast at the same time, squirting both of them with lemon juice right before I try to unstick them from the grill. (the lemon juice helps to unstick them. You know what else helps? Garlic flavored Pam) Once in a while, I'll add green or red peppers to my grill. It's amazing how you crave veggies when you are not allowed to have them.
Huh, it really sounds like I actually like this food.
Don't be fooled. I'd stab you for a hamburger from In n Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment