Once in a while, Tyrese wouldn't be available for my workouts. (like say...he was in Vegas, getting free stuff or something.) Unfortunately, I was not just allowed to cancel my appointment, rather I was farmed out to different trainers. At first, I honestly thought that he thought long and hard about which possible trainer would be a good match for me. Which trainer would push me hard enough to get results, but not hard enough to make me cry. (or pee.) Which trainer would be compassionate, yet encouraging. But....no. I learned that they all placed their business cards in a hat, and Tyrese picked the "lucky" winner.
Yeah....that made me feel special.
I quickly figured out that most of the trainers must have read the same comic book. (or bought the same "workout for dummies" book) There was always the same formula to the workouts. They might vary just a little, but it was all pretty much the same. Same goes for the diet. Each trainer had their own (although unscientifically proven) diet plan that mainly consisted of the same foods, same portion size, and same cardio schedule. Everyone wants to put their spin on it, and call it their own.
The big surprise for me, is how.......sneaky........trainers can be. (Okay, not ALL of them). At first, it surprised me when this new guy would drop little comments here and there about how much better shape I would be in if only I had HIM for a trainer instead. Or they would drop "hints" at how little respect the other trainers had for Tyrese. Or how much quicker I would lose the weight with him, verses my "current situation". Just straight out lies, most of them. It took me a long time to realize that these trainers, well, they really had to work to get clients. Even if it meant stealing someone elses.
I continue to use the temp trainers, but I request from Tyrese to keep it down to a minimum. I don't want to be put in that type of situation. Plus, most of them didn't have a sense of humor. How can I work out if I can't laugh?
3 comments:
i <3 your blog
LOTS!
Where are you??? I'm checking compulsively for new entries!
I miss you. Post soon :)
Post a Comment