Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fossy! Fossy!

Guess who's back?

The milk crate.



*sigh*



Right foot up. Left foot up. Right foot down. Left foot down.



Boooooring.



So, when Tyrese isn't looking, I add a kick-ball-chain to the mix. (why not?) It makes me giggle. Every time he's not looking, I look straight ahead watching myself in the mirror, and add a little kick-ball-chain to the motions.
Then, I add some wiggle to my hips.
I giggle some more.
He looks at me, and I stare right back, blankly. (Years and years of training enable me to keep a straight face.)
As soon as he turns his head.

Jazz hands!

(because jazz hands make everything fun.)
I giggle some more. This isn't so bad. I know I look ridiculous. But this makes me laugh like a goon. Which enables Tyrese to notices that I'm actually having fun.
He takes a step back. Looks around. (for a whoopee cushion? A falling anvil? A flying boston cream pie?) He doesn't see anything awry, so this makes him a little bit nervous. He continues to look around. This makes me giggle some more. Which makes him more nervous. He takes another step back.
I finally finish that last set. I'm smiling. Tyrese doesn't like this one bit. He tells me to do 300 bicycles. He walks across the room, and watches me from afar.
This makes me giggle even more.
I look like an insane person, exercising and giggling.
I stop, only by the sheer fear of squeaking out a tiny fart. So now I'm on the floor, gasping for air.
Soooooo much better.

Tyrese is still watching me, slowly shaking his head.

Before I leave, he tells me to add one spoonful of peanut butter to my diet. I think he's afraid that my brain is starving. (and apparently eating itself.) This make me start giggling again.
I leave the gym happy, for the first time.







P.S. I wish I had thought of acting insane sooner. Make a mental note, friends.

4 comments:

Former Fat Chick said...

flap, flap, kick ball chain, ba de pure, jazz fingers...end it with a BIG- TA-DAAAAAAAAAA!!

Quix said...

Sounds like what happens when we start working extended hours at the office - people start going a little nutty and loooooopy. Acting insane is GREAT stress relief.

Bring Pretty Back said...

By the time I got to jazz hands I was LAUGHING!

Kahla Kiker said...

I love your blog! All of the postings! You are so funny! I have just started training myself and my two daughters - we all three have weightloss needs...I started a blog about it, so if you feel like passing some of your "paid for" advice on for free - look me up! lol. Thanks!