I'm at the sandwich shop, picking up the catered lunch for my office. I'm patiently waiting for the my order to be finished. While I'm standing there, a guy stand behind me in line.
"Jumping music, slick deejays, fog machines and laser rays"
I sneak a glance. This young handsome guy is singing along with the music playing. I fight a smile, and look back at the cash register.
"Aw man. Was that out loud??" he says to me.
I smile.
And giggle. (WTH? This is sooo unlike me.)
He starts breaking out some funky dance moves.
I smile and giggle some more. (Seriously? What is up with me?) His friends come into the empty deli just then. They start dancing too. The Cute One says, "Man, I just had to apologize to her, because I was singing along." He smiles.
"Oh, I didn't make you apologize. It's Debbie Deb, you just can't fight against that kind of power."
I smile.
And giggle. (Okay, if I giggle one more time, I'm planning on impaling myself on a plastic spork.)
"Yup. yup." They all continue dancing. In the deli.
My lunch is stacked up on the counter now. Two large sandwich trays, ginormous salad and multiples bags.
"Damn, girl. You gonna eat all that??!" He says with a big smile.
Then it strikes me. Months ago, and 100 lbs ago, he would have been saying the same thing, but meaning it. And trying to be hurtful. This time, he says it to me with a smile.
I smile (I refrain from giggling. The sporks here are dangerously sharp.) and start hauling the food to my car. He grabs the bags, and follows me out. (don't worry, I have my hand on my mace.) I'm thinking that he wants my sandwich rings. (<<----this, is not a euphemism for my muff.) He helps me load the food, and then gives me his business card. Tells me to call him if I ever want to meet him for lunch. I head back to the office, unsure of what just happened.
Later that night, I tell Mr. Hummingbird about it. He laughs, and tells me that The Cute One was flirting with me. And that he doesn't blame him. He told me that he has noticed a change in my attitude, and my confidence. And not to be surprised that more people are going to want to talk to me than before.
I cringe.
He adds, "you can also try being a little bit nicer too." He takes the business card and attaches it to our fridge with a magnet.
When he's not looking, I pull a twenty out of his wallet.
Nicer, huh?
5 comments:
Welcome back. :) Just put you on my RSS feed and you went on hiatus. Hilarious. The first time I had someone flirt with me after losing 100+ it shocked me too. Happily married, but it's nice to know that you're wanted for more than just your sandwich rings, eh? :)
welocme back girlie, my moment was a guy asked me the time, and then I turend to my Gay and sais "WTF? no watch or phone" My gay said "Stupid, he was trying to talk to you!"
FINALLY
Nothing makes my day more than flirting with random shop staff. Kinda puts a spring in your step doesn't it? BTW What's a sandwich ring? Sounds like a euphemism to me. ;P
Hahaa do something fun with the 20 now! He was sooooo flirting with you! WHOO HOO!
Post a Comment