So, I'm on a high. I feel like I'm floating. My mind and heart are both racing a million miles per hour. I don't remember paying for the stuff we ate. (I hope we paid!)And I don't remember walking out of the convenience store.
Ethel is silent.
We walk out into the early morning light, and head back to the compound. We don't need the pen light anymore, and we also don't see any scurrying, scary animals. My stomach is already upset. It's gurgling and making all kinds of weird sounds. But honestly, my thinking is so fuzzy, that I don't even notice nor care. We walk in silence, until we hear the chirp of the siren.
I turn around, and see the flashing blue and red light. And hear the chirp again. I look at Ethel, and she just looks at me. Neither of us can actually form a cohesive sentence or thought at this time, so we just stare. We stare at each other, then at the police officer as he exits his police car.
We stare at each other. Then we stare at the police officer. He stares at both of us. Then he sighs. Then he opens the door to the back of his car, and nods his head at us. We silently walk over and climb in the back of the car. Ethel puts her hands up to touch the ceiling of the car (the proper position for handcuffing) and this makes the police officer smile and snort. He slams the car door and gets into the car. So now, we are sitting in the back of a police car......in our pajamas.
He heads right to the compound. None of us have said one word. He stops at the end of the long driveway, and stops the car. He lets us out, smiling. We climb out of the car, and start walking up the driveway. He clears his throat, so we turn so we can hear what he has to say to us.
"Um..Ma'am. You have cheese doodle all over your face."
He laughs as he climbs into his car.
Ethel brushes the orange cheese powder off of me, and I brush off the chocolate crumbs off of her. This seems to snap us out of our sleepy spell. We go back to dodging and weaving out of the shadows, and make it to our room without running into anyone. We do one last cheese doodle inspection before we flopped into our beds.
We slept the whole day away.
The spa calls us and tells us that we are late for our procedures. We fake being sick, and reschedule for the last day. We change our colonic to waxing treatments, just so we don't get found out.
We're criminal masterminds, you know?
1 comment:
I was laughing the whole way thru this post. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Post a Comment