Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretty People Suck!

Seriously, pretty skinny people suck.
They suck a lot.
Why this sudden hatred for the skinny and beautiful??
Because I just found out that pretty skinny people don't have to pay for anything.
ANYTHING!
Grrrr.......

A whole bunch of people from the gym just got back from Las Vegas. (Being in S. Ca, we're a hop skip and a jump away from Sin City.) Everyone was laughing, sharing pics, and bits and pieces of the debauchery. Tyrese is flirty and happy. (The weekend away did him a lot of good.) I was actually happy to hear every tidbit since it's distracting me from an otherwise boring workout. By now, I'm pretty much friends with everyone there, so they feel free to talk about their wild weekend.
As they are talking about their hotel room (suite at the **sorry, I removed the hotel name***) I'm pretty impressed when I hear the brief description. They tell me about the fabulous poolside cabana that they all shared. It sounded like a little slice of paradise, with full bar service. Next, they talked about the trendy club that they all visited, and the private room that that all shared. Everything sounded like the ultimate Vegas trip. (Mentally, I was making some quick calculations, just because I always wondered what it actually cost to live it up in Vegas, in style of course.) They continue to talk, and I see some pictures of the trip. Everyone looks fantastic while poolside. I can see that the "cabana" was actually a small outdoor vacation house that was probably bigger than my first apartment. In the pictures of the club, I see the private room that they were in, and noticed the trays of food and alcohol everywhere. (I assumed that it was catered) Seriously, the pics look like so much fun, I half expected to see Tara Reid in some of them.
I'm enjoying the stories and the laughs, when I hear an odd comment.
"Too bad Joe had to miss out on the free weekend."

Hummm.....maybe they all sat through some lame timeshare presentation??

I hear a few more strange things, and finally, I can't wait anymore. While we were doing the (stupid) bicycles, when I go in for the kill.

"So...did the gym pay for the vacation?" (because, seriously, who else would have sponsored a weekend in Vegas? I mean, other than Playboy, right?)
He laughs.
"No, why would I do that?"
"I dunno. Promoting the gym?"
"No, (snicker) I have more business than I can handle already. Nope, we went to promote the hotel."
Wha?
"Yeah, they hire us to go to the hotel, and lounge by the pool all day. We strut around, talking to everyone, and get friendly with the tourists. At night, we make the club look hot by having a good time."
"REALLY? I have never heard of such a thing."
"Yeah, we walk past everyone in line, because it makes them want to get in the club even more. They are more willing to pay the cover charge. The girls have to dress extra hot, to make all the guys in there want to meet them. We just hang around to make the place look like it's the place to be."
"What about all the drinks? You get those comp'd too?"
"Yeah, and the food. They try to make us look like celebrities or something. We'll get anything we ask for, as long as we have a good time and don't go overboard. We've been doing it for years."
"And no one pays for anything?"
"Nope."

I have a feeling that all the fat, married people are paying for this weekend, YKWIM?

3 comments:

Luchy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Former Fat Chick said...

I bet if one of them had a fat sister or GOD forbid a fat husband at home they would have to leave them there at HOME! Maybe they all could have eaten some nuts w/ salmonella or something, not fatal or anything, just GROSS and painful! Just sayin...

EandJandA said...

I'm thinking that this mentality is part of what's wrong with our society as a whole. Hiring pretty people to promote a club?? For that to work, the less-pretty people would have to care about being around the "pretties." Are they thinking that some of the prettiness will rub off on them or what? Shame on Tyrese for perpetuating this line of thinking. I don't think it's setting a very good example for his customers. If my trainer seemed to have that attitude, as cute, perky and fit as she already is, I would have to really think twice about sticking with her. I don't want that "prettiness" rubbing off on me, and especially not on my young daughter. :(

Sorry for the rant...this just really rubbed me the wrong way.