That night was tough. The front desk came by around 8 pm, and brought us our diet "cocktail". It seemed to be some sort of broth (vegetarian, I'm sure) peppered with cayenne. It looked kindof gross. But, I was so freakin hungry, that I was not going to let any bit of it go to waste. I sipped it slowly. (I was afraid that if I drank it fast, I would get heartburn. I haven't had anything to eat, other than the lemonade all day. Recipe for heart burn, right?) Ethel hates cayenne, but she gulps hers down. Three minutes later, we are hungry again. (and our eyes are watery and our sinuses are cleared.)
We decide to take a walk around the compound. (To do so, we have to get our shoes from the front door to our dormitory. Within three minutes, someone was knocking at our door, asking us why our shoes were gone. For those slower readers..........this was their way of keeping tabs on us.) We put on our shoes, and walk around the lobby.
There is nothing going on in the lobby.
We try the labyrinth.
It's too dark, and it's still just a labyrinth.
We walk by the pool.
Nothing is going on. (which totally surprises me. You would think that there would be a few nudists, with this bunch.)
We go back to the front desk, to talk to the only other people we have seen all night. We try to strike up a conversation. We get ignored. (it doesn't help that the desk clerk was eating a Three Musketeers bar, and Ethel came thisclose to swiping it. The clerk was not amused.)
We head back to our room, leaving our shoes at the door. We flipped flopped around our room for a while. Pacing helped curb the hunger.
Pacing.
Laughing.
Crying.
That's what we did until the wee hours of the morning.
Around 4 am, we heard a knock at our door. We opened it, not fearing robbers nor rapist, but hoping for room service.
It was the front desk. They had contacted the local physician on call. They asked him to prescribed a sleeping aid to us.
Yeah.
We have bugged them sooo much, that they requested us to be medicated.
It'd be pissed if I wasn't so sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment