Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beach

Soon after my trip to the ER, I took a little trip. I went to the beach with Mr. Hummingbird. We rented a cottage for the weekend. It was just the two of us, and it was nice. I laid on the sand, trying to get some color, and watched Mr. Hummingbird surf. It dawned on me that I hadn't been to the beach in about 10 years. (I live within 20 miles of the beach) How sad is that?
I stretched out on the blanket, and read a book, enjoying the sunshine. I was pretty close to 200 lbs now, so I was still the biggest girl on the beach. But guess what? I didn't care. Even when a gaggle of young college girls set up camp nearby, I didn't care. (okay, maybe I cared alittle bit. Maybe when it was time to leave, I may have shaken my blanket as to get sand all over them. Maybe.)

2 comments:

Mama H said...

HALLELUJAH!!! Another episode has been published!

Thanks again for the AWESOME blog!

:-)

Anonymous said...

2 posts in 1 day....yea! I love this blog...too funny.