Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Fat Embarrasing Moment #430

So, like everyone else, we have too much clutter. So, "Ethel" and I have decided to have a garage sale. We go through our homes, making massive stacks of stuff that we do not need, nor do not want. The morning of the sale, we get up early. (Early. Really early. Like, before God gets up. Early) We lay out our treasures, and wait for the money to pour in. A few hours later, and many many cups of coffee later, (obviously before my diet and gym) we have a few items left. We start to clean up, when this last family rolls up. The young mom goes to check out our kitchen stuff, and the young dad goes to the clothes racks and looks through my husband's shirts. (which, I snuck out of the house. And to this day, he does not know what happened to his "lucky" shirt.) This guy is good looking too. Manly looking, and tough. A few tattoos. Messy, but full hair. Just a cutie. My types, exactly. Suddenly, I'm not complaining about being in the hot sun with this eye candy close by.
He helps himself to a few items, and notices some winter gear nearby. (again, my husband's winter pants, jacket, boots, etc. Don't worry, he has tons of snowboard gear. I don't even think he missed any of it.) He starts going through all the gear, and I stand close by, in case he has any questions. He starts to go through the ladies snowboard gear that I had. (my youngest sister dropped it off earlier, for me to sale. She's a size 2). He calls his young wife over, urging her to buy a pair of powder blue snowboard pants. She hesitates. He looks right at me, and says, "umm....so......were these someone else's pants?? Do you know what size they might be??"
Really. He really really tried not to say it in a mean way.
But, what did I hear?

"These aren't your pants, right? Because they look awfully small and there is no way in hell that you can get one leg in them, let alone two. Plus, they are cute and powdered blue, so there is no possible way that you are kewl enough to own these pants. So, you knocked over a snowbunny and took her pants, right?"

I looked at him, and told him that they were a size 2, but I'm selling them for $175.
He didn't buy them, I ended up giving them to goodwill.

Bonus Question:
When I finally lost most of my weight, what was the first thing I bought for myself?



A pair of powdered blue snowboard pants.

Take that, sucker.

2 comments:

Vikki said...

$175.oo I love it.... you might just be my new hero...giggle
Hugs, and congrats on the weight loss, hope you bought yourself lots of cut clothes.
Vikki

Twisted Cinderella said...

That was the perfect answer! I am glad you rewarded yourself with something cute that you felt good in!

http://pitterpatteroflosingpounds.blogspot.com/