So, now I have a little spring in my step. I go out and buy a heart rate monitor and brand new running shoes. (monitor $100; Shoes $100) I actually look forward to going to the gym. (for a little while, anyways).
The diet is slowly wearing me down, but I stick with it. I avoid going out anywhere that there is food. I avoid eating whenever Mr. Hummingbird is eating. Suddenly, I'm a food outcast. I have visions of running and screaming when I see a poptart. I actually start dreaming about food. How sad is that?
Overall, I'm happy with my weight loss so far, but I'm far from feeling good. I'm getting a good nights sleep, but my whole day is now consumed by my diet and exercises. I work a full day at the office, drive over to the gym, and drive back home. I leave the house at 7 am, and walk back into my house at 7 pm. I'm worn down. Plus, the amount of actual food that I'm eating now is not much. I'm really concerned that I'm not consuming enough to function properly. Plus, I'm getting lazy in my diet. No, I haven't cheated. Just the opposite. I'm starting to leave out some snacks and meals, just out of boredom. I'm skipping my greens because I just cannot take eating a mouthful of plain spinach. I'm not feeling hungry after skipping it, so how much harm can I be doing?? Looking back now, I realize that my diet is so on the edge, any skipping will send me over the edge.
After talking to Tyrese, he adds a fat burner to my diet. (think "hydroxycut......with ephedra", but not that actual product) It give me a temporary boost, but makes me shaky. I'm suppose to take it before working out, and it actually seems to help with my stamina. I'm all for it, except for the shaky feeling and blurred vision (WTF? I actually drove home from the gym like this! For several weeks!!!) I got from taking it.
Remember my friend who went to Tijuana with me? (let's call her "Ethel") She was also working out at the same gym during this time. Not only was she working out like a fool like me, but she was also popping everything in sight! She was also taking the same fat burning pill. BUT, she decided, by herself, that she would take 6-8 pills a day, instead of the recommended 2-3 pills a day. 8 years later, she is still having complications from this. (I'll get into details later.)
Anyways, I ask Tyrese to let me stop taking the shaky-shaky pills. We try a few more brands, (total amount spent? $150) and finally find something that gives me a boost, but doesn't make me feel like a crackhead. (no offense against crackheads, of course.)
At my weigh in for my second month, I lose an additional 15 lbs. Tyrese smiles, and tell me, "good job." I'm down 40 lbs so far.
Even my mailman has noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment