I noticed an alarming trend in Women's clothing. (And when I say Women, I mean actual women who ha
ve curves, hips, and boobs.) I've noticed that about 96% of the shirts you design for Women are sleeveless. Or even worst, have the nauseous capped sleeve. (see exhibit "A") Is there some sort of fashion design theory that states that showing more of my arms will make me look slimmer? Or, are you just assuming that we all sweat alot if we are overweight? Well, all you manage to do is:
ve curves, hips, and boobs.) I've noticed that about 96% of the shirts you design for Women are sleeveless. Or even worst, have the nauseous capped sleeve. (see exhibit "A") Is there some sort of fashion design theory that states that showing more of my arms will make me look slimmer? Or, are you just assuming that we all sweat alot if we are overweight? Well, all you manage to do is:1. show off our hideous farmer tan.
2. Make us cranky because we have to shave our pits every time we want to wear this top.
Since we are on the subject, please stop emphasising the empire waist top. Whoa, wait a second!! I'm not saying all of them, just a selective few. Yes, we love the trendy and hip look of these tops. And we love the roominess of said tops. But, like everything in life, there is a universal fight of good vs. evil. (Please see attached samples.)
Good:

9 comments:
Yeah, I can't fix that stupid pic margin. I'll letting it go like that.
I suck sometimes.
Did you read my mind? Seriously, I have wanted to write the same thing 153 times.
I don't get it either!
:-)
I totally agree!!
Amen, amen, AMEN! This style is driving me crazy! But watch, if I ever get pregnant again, they will totally be out of style! lol
I love, no...ADORE your blog. Thank you so much for being so honest in your writing. You have the perfect blend of witty humor and pure truth. I really do think you could write a bestseller. I have recommended your blog to countless friends!
You are one my absolute favorites! Please keep it up!
Take care!
Thanks!
I'll try and write as much as possible, if you promise to leave me comments so I know someone is actually reading this drivel. :)
I just thought the same thing today when I was trying to reign in the jiggly arms!
It is a pain to have to try to find clothes that both fit and flatter anyone who isn't shaped like a runway model these days.
http://pitterpatteroflosingpounds.blogspot.com/
Amen sister, And what's with the idea that we all come in the same body shape. I personally can't find a shirt long enough. I've got a long body and short short legs. All the shirt hit me at my belly button... not a pretty sight.
Hugs,
Vikki
Great blog! I was just thinking of trying to find the jerk who thought cap sleves looked good and torturing him, just like I am tortured everytime I have to put my fat arms into one of those d*mn shirt!
Post a Comment